By: Taylor Empey | CFT, SFN, SET, Elite Trainer Level I | Iron Allies Fitness | 3844 S. 300 E. Salt Lake City, UT 84115 | 801-263-5336 | firstname.lastname@example.org | ironalliesfitness.com
What’s up Allies?!
Here’s a recipe that adds fruit to dinner and takes all the guilt out of orange-flavored chicken. There’s no sugar and no fryer involved. Just skinless, boneless chicken breast, marinated in orange juice, pan seared and then baked. Serve it up with orange-spiked green beans for a nutritious, protein-packed meal. Servings: 4
Here’s what you need:
For the Chicken:
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons grated orange zest
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
For the Green Beans:
- 10 oz fresh, organic, green beans
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
For the Orange-Brandy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 Tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 navel orange, peeled and each segment cut into 3 pieces
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Dash of salt and pepper
Cook the Chicken:
- Place the orange juice and orange zest in a large ziplock bag. Season each side of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts in the ziplock bag, coating each side with juice. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-inch, oven-proof skillet with the olive oil. Place over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts in a single layer, cooking for 3 minutes. Turn the chicken, season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 165 degrees F in the center of the thickest breast.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil as you make the sauce and cook the beans.
Cook the Green Beans:
- Wash the beans, snap off and discard the stems. Place in a large ziplock bag with the orange juice and orange zest. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Grease with the olive oil. Remove beans from refrigerator, discarding the juice. Add to the skillet and cook, covered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover, increase the heat and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until the beans are bright green.
Cook the Sauce:
- In a medium skillet heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced shallot, cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the brandy. Return to the heat and cook, scraping the bottom, until the brandy has almost evaporated, about 30 seconds. Increase the heat to high, add the orange juice. Boil for 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, boil for 3 minutes.
- Add in the orange segments and the parsley. Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken on the diagonal into thin slices and arrange over a pile of green beans. Drizzle with the orange-brandy sauce.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 302 calories, 13g fat, 161mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 29g protein
Text, call or email us today to join us for an entire week of FREE unlimited group training classes and a private 1-on-1 consultation!
-Team Iron Allies
#IronAllies #IronAlliesFitness #IAF #Fitness #Fitspo #UtahFitness #Fitcon #FitconUtah #utahfitfam #utahfitspo #Fit #Muscle #VASA #vasafitness #WeightLoss #FatLoss #Health #Healthy #SaltLakeCity #Utah #saltlakecityutah #SLC #UT #utahgram #bodybuilding #weightlossjourney
exercise classes salt lake city, fitness classes in salt lake city, weight loss salt lake city, gym in salt lake city, gym in salt lake, fitness salt lake city, boot camp fitness center slc, best gym in salt lake, fitness centers in salt lake city Utah, gyms near salt lake city, gyms in murray Utah, fitness clubs salt lake city, slc fitness classes, gyms in salt lake city Utah, personal trainer salt lake city, personal training salt lake city, personal fitness trainer salt lake city, personal trainer slc, bootcamp salt lake city, fitness classes salt lake city,