By: Taylor Empey | CFT, SFN, SET, Elite Trainer Level I | Iron Allies Fitness | 3844 S. 300 E. Salt Lake City, UT 84115 | 801-263-5336 | email@example.com | ironalliesfitness.com
What’s Up Allies!?
Having a busy day with work and errands and meetings? You aren’t alone. Many of our clients have expressed they simply do not having enough time at the end of their day to cook a healthy dinner or their just plain exhausted from their day so they aren’t motivated to cook.
This “I’m-too-busy-to-cook” mentality leads to unhealthy dinner choices from restaurants and fast food chains. And like we’ve told you before, you can exercise every day, but if you overeat (especially with unhealthy food choices) then you won’t achieve the results that you want.
Today we have 3 quick dinner solutions for you to use on those busy weeknights when you’re tempted to grab a less-than-healthy dinner from a to-go joint. These dinners are both tasty and fitness friendly, so you can stay on track with your results.
Go-To Quick Dinner #1: Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 large bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Combine the mustard, garlic, marjoram and honey together and evenly spread the mixture over each chicken thigh. Place the chicken in a glass casserole pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Enjoy!
Go-To Quick Dinner #2: Leftovers Frittata
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk or broth
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chopped and cooked meat and/or veggies (use leftovers!)
- Olive oil spray
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, milk, thyme, and meat and/or veggies.
- Place an 8-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot and coat with the olive oil spray. Pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes until the eggs are set. Place under a broiler for 3-4 minutes, until the top is golden. Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!
Go-To Quick Dinner #3: Pan Fried Salmon
- 4 (6 oz) skin-on salmon fillets
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Dry the salmon fillets with paper towels and season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Reduce the heat to medium-low and press the salmon fillets in the pan, skin down. Press down firmly for 10 seconds on each fillet.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, until it lifts easily out of the pan without sticking. Flip and sear the other side for 20 seconds. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these quick ‘n’ healthy dinner recipes that are designed to keep you on track and eating healthy even on the busiest of days!
Remember that you can’t just diet your way to a great body…you MUST exercise! The right workout is vital to getting and staying in phenomenal shape – and we here at Iron Allies Fitness are here to help you do just that!
Text, call or email us right now to try us out for an entire week of free unlimited group training classes AND a private 1 on 1 coaching session!
Let’s get you into the best shape of your life!
Talk to you soon!
– Team Iron Allies
#IronAllies #IronAlliesFitness #IAF #Fitness #Fitspo #UtahFitness #Fitcon #FitconUtah #utahfitfam #utahfitspo #Fit #Muscle #VASA #vasafitness #WeightLoss #FatLoss #Health #Healthy #SaltLakeCity #Utah #saltlakecityutah #SLC #UT #utahgram #bodybuilding #weightlossjourney
exercise classes salt lake city, fitness classes in salt lake city, weight loss salt lake city, gym in salt lake city, gym in salt lake, fitness salt lake city, boot camp fitness center slc, best gym in salt lake, fitness centers in salt lake city Utah, gyms near salt lake city, gyms in murray Utah, fitness clubs salt lake city, slc fitness classes, gyms in salt lake city Utah, personal trainer salt lake city, personal training salt lake city, personal fitness trainer salt lake city, personal trainer slc, bootcamp salt lake city, fitness classes salt lake city,